Saturday, January 27, 2007

Coming to a close

SLC


So that’s it for me at the 2007 Sundance film fest. Over seven days I managed to see four short films, twelve dramas and eight documentaries. So… 24 films in all. There was a lot of phenomenally good stuff this year. Wish I had another week to see all of the other films that I wanted to check out but didn’t have the chance. But… now it’s back to LA and real life…

In other news, I just learned that The Weinstein Company and Lionsgate came together to buy the rights to Teeth, so hopefully it’ll find some kind of theatrical distribution without too much being cut.


So... the rundown on films for yesterday and today:
Teeth – Wow… definitely one of my top films of the fest. NOT a film for everyone (read my thoughts above)
Songbird – One of the better dramatic shorts I’ve seen.
Hounddog – Panned by critics and slammed by the media. But… very well received by the audience. I thought it was quite good.
Blame it on Fidel – Fun to watch. I enjoyed this one quite a lot.
Welcome Europa – Great documentary. Totally immersive in the world of illegal immigration to Europe.

No comments: